6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, February 17, 2017

Payback? Parenting?

So, gave Addict a timeline to get info to fix the shower doors he destroyed. He, finally, admits to being under the influence the night it transpired-no shit. turns out, he's gotta pay alot, won't be working for 2 weeks. sucks for him.

I spoke with him re: consequences. Of how, at 18, I set him up with a bank account, whereas his mother told me he should be allowed to spend as he wished. So, all those $70 video games, where are they now? As he shops in the thrift store for shoes to go to work, where was the $100 spent on Air Jordans? (riding a bicycle to get to the store, lacking $ for a metrocard). Pathetic.

So, he STILL lacks a phone. Has to borrow mine to make the calls-after sneaking into my room to use the phone previously. And he expects me to trust him. Right. How do you know an addict is lying?

Yes, it hurts to witness, but, "I told ya so???"

NOW, he realizes actions have consequences, something his mother never understood.


No comments: